For 2 persons
* You will find these ingredients in well-stocked supermarkets or in Asia markets.
1. Cut and prepare all the ingredients beforehand, so you will only have to toss them together. You can find all the ingredients in Asian stores and even in some of the bigger departmental stores. It is important that you use raw papaya, not the ripe and soft one.
2. Heat the pan over a medium flame and add the olive oil to it. Once the oil is hot add the mustard seeds and wait for them to start popping. Then add urad dal, chopped ginger, as well as garlic and onion.
3. Fry it until everything is golden brown. Add the boiled green papaya sauté everything for a few minutes.
4. Season the dish with salt and add coconut milk to it. Cook everything for two more minutes and serve hot, with Indian bread or plain rice.